Thanks to The Ohio State University Leadership Center
1. Not being aware of the value of staff development.
2. Wanting to be liked more than respected.
3. Not implementing an effective vertical and horizontal communications system.
4. Not being aware of the impact of negative comments.
5. Not asking team members for their opinion on a regular basis.
6. Not following the same rulebook as the team.
7. Not promoting self-accountability.
8. Not focusing on skills and talents of the team.
9. Not being available.
10. Not being visible on a regular basis.
11. Not passing on information.
12. Not building clear agreement and commitment on a yearly basis
From: Howatt, W. A., (2008). Leadership vs. management. Kentville, Nova Scotia: Howatt HR Consulting Inc.